5-6 ea Whole Tomatoes
1 ea Small Spanish onion, large chunks
2-4 ea Whole garlic cloves
½ bu. Fresh cilantro, washed very well
1Tbs. Chef Walter J’s Cuban Spice Rub
1) Add whole tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, and garlic to a non-reactive
pot and cover with water.
2) Simmer for 20-30 minutes (or until vegetables are soft to the touch). Remove from heat and let cool.
3) Strain vegetables. Reserve some of the liquid.
4) Add vegetables, cilantro, and some of the reserved cooking liquid to a blender. Blend on low for 30 seconds and then on high for 10 seconds.
5) Chill or serve immediately. Can be held in the refrigerator for two-three days.
Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips or with grilled vegetables or meat.
The spice is available for purchase at the Love the Cook locations in Cape May and stone Harbor. Purchase online @ www.lovethecook.com