Francisco’s Salsa Verde
2 ea Jalapeños
1 ea Small Spanish onion, large chunks
2-4 ea Whole garlic cloves
½ bu. Fresh cilantro, washed very well
t.t. Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1 ea Avocado (OPTIONAL)
1) Add whole tomatillos, jalapeños, onion, and garlic to a non-reactive
pot and cover with water.
2) Simmer for 20-30 minutes (or until vegetables are soft to the touch). Remove from heat and let cool.
3) Strain vegetables. Reserve some of the liquid.
4) Add vegetables, cilantro, and some of the reserved cooking liquid to a blender. Blend on low for 30 seconds and then on high for 10 seconds.**
5) Chill or serve immediately. Can be held in the refrigerator for two-three days.
**Add avocado to the blender at this point and blend on high for 10 seconds.